Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

2nd arrested in east Las Vegas shooting is teen girl

Дата публикации: 24-07-2026 16:03:38

A 16-year-old girl has been arrested as a second suspect in a fatal shooting in east Las Vegas in connection with the July 18 killing of a man.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Glenn Puit

/ Las Vegas Review-Journal

July 24, 2026 - 9:03 am

A 16-year-old girl is the second person arrested in connection with a killing Saturday morning in east Las Vegas, according to court records.

Kassandra Orozco was booked into the Clark County Detention Center on Thursday on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder. The day prior Jayden Torres, 19, was booked at the jail on the same charges. Court records show Clark County prosecutors have since filed a criminal complaint charging Torres with a single count of open murder.

The Metropolitan Police Department issued a news release Thursday about Torres’ arrest. Police have not publicly identified Orozco as a suspect in the killing, but she was booked at the jail under the same police event number as Torres.

Police said officers were called Saturday to a report of an unresponsive man found near South Hollywood Boulevard and East Park Access Road. The man, whose identity had not been released as of Friday, died at the scene. The victim was found in an area near Hollywood Regional Park, between East Charleston Avenue and East Sahara Avenue.

Authorities have not said why they believe Torres and Orozco are connected to the crime or a suspected motive in the shooting. A police lieutenant previously said the victim had been at the park with friends that morning, but those people were not with him when his body was found.

Torres is being held without bail. Orozco briefly appeared in Las Vegas Justice Court on Friday morning.

Hearing Master Daniel Westmeyer said he found probable cause for her arrest.

Prosecutors and public defenders have not yet made arguments about what her bail should be. Court records indicate Torres will be treated as Orozco’s co-defendant.

Contact Glenn Puit at gpuit@reviewjournal.com. Review-Journal reporter Noble Brigham contributed to this report.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1В Кузнецке прошел городской конкурс «А ну-ка, парни!»0021-02-2025
2☝Мамы, хотите действительно отдохнуть и не думать как накормить любимых, ...5629-06-2026
3По итогам года у нас будет 10 тысяч школ с инклюзивным образованием – Васильева0010-12-2018
4Багаевская: Ночь 18 дек, Вт0017-12-2018
5ISL | Bengaluru will be keen on regaining consistency as it faces Mohammedan0010-01-2025
6Агидель: Ночь 20 дек, Чт0019-12-2018
7Violences à Bétharram : Bayrou affirme n’être « jamais » intervenu dans cette affaire « ni de près ni de loin »0018-02-2025
8Marvel Rivals devs hit with layoffs despite roaring success0019-02-2025
9Самолет S7 вернулся в Новосибирск из-за сигнала датчика неисправности0004-03-2020
10Акулы становятся правшами из-за глобального потепления0014-12-2018

Классификация: Происшествия. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 6.48. Источник: www.reviewjournal.com.