Tehran said the pilots had not been allowed to meet or contact their families.
TEHRAN – The Iranian authorities on Aug 15 called for the release of three pilots they say were captured in Qatar during the Middle East war.
“Three Iranian pilots were captured alive by Qatari forces after their Su-24 fighter jets crashed during the war,” said General Mohammad Bagherzadeh of the Iranian armed forces, Fars news agency reported.
“Javad Salehi, Abdolmajid Dashtian and Omran Behraveshian have been held by Qatari forces for six months,” he said in a letter addressed to the International Committee of the Red Cross.
In the letter, Bagherzadeh called for their release, saying the pilots had not been allowed to meet or contact their families.
Iran’s army said in July it had retrieved the body of Iranian pilot Majid Kazemi, who was killed during an attack on Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar in early March.
Iran had previously said the other pilots were missing but news of their alleged capture was not publicised at the time.
The Al Udeid base in Qatar includes forward components of the US Central Command, as well as the command’s air and special operations forces.
It is the largest US base in the region.
The Middle East war broke out on Feb 28, when the United States and Israel launched strikes on Iran, which retaliated with attacks across the region.
Diplomatic efforts led to an April ceasefire, ending nearly 40 days of fighting, before the signing of a framework for peace talks in June, which later collapsed.
Iran and the US have since traded fire sporadically, with fighting mainly centred in southern Iran and around the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
A lull in fighting has been in place since late July. AFP
| # | Наименование новости | Тональность | Информативность | Дата публикации |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | Qatar denies holding Iranian pilots | 0 | 8.19 | 15-08-2026 |
| 2 | Iran accuses Qatar of thwarting probe into fate of its pilots | 0 | 9.18 | 16-08-2026 |
| 3 | Стало известно о пленении в Катаре трех иранских пилотов | 0 | 10 | 15-08-2026 |
| 4 | Иран обратился в Международный комитет Красного Креста с просьбой о содействии в освобождении пилотов, захваченных в Катаре | 0 | 4.44 | 15-08-2026 |
| 5 | Qatar rejects Iran's claim it detained 3 fighter pilots after March attack | 0 | 15.44 | 15-08-2026 |
| 6 | Катар опроверг информацию о захвате в плен иранских пилотов | 0 | 3.83 | 16-08-2026 |
| 7 | Катар отверг обвинения в удержании в плену иранских пилотов | 0 | 8.1 | 15-08-2026 |
| 8 | СМИ: Иран попросил МККК помочь освободить трех захваченных в Катаре пилотов | 0 | 6.52 | 15-08-2026 |
| 9 | Катар ответил Ирану: лётчиков в плену нет, но найдены останки одного из них | 0 | 7.62 | 15-08-2026 |