Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Families scramble after NYU Langone ends transgender youth health program

Дата публикации: 19-02-2026 02:48:00

Dozens rallied against NYU Langone discontinuing its transgender youth health program.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Dozens rallied outside the gates of the Stonewall National Monument on Wednesday to protest NYU Langone discontinuing its transgender youth health program.

“Lots of parents and particularly their youth, they're scared, frightened, they don’t know what to do about being the target of political attacks," the executive director of Trans formative Schools, Alaina Daniels, said.


What You Need To Know Dozens rallied outside the gates of the Stonewall National Monument on Wednesday to protest NYU Langone discontinuing its transgender youth health program
In a statement, the hospital said the decision came down to two factors: a leadership change and what it called the "current regulatory environment"
For more than a decade, the hospital had been recognized as a leader in LGBTQ+ health care — a reputation, advocates said, made the announcement especially difficult
The move follows action last year by the Trump administration, aimed at ending gender-related care for minors

Daniels runs the afterschool program serving about 40 families with transgender children. She says roughly one-third were impacted by the major Manhattan hospital's announcement.

“Many are trying to find other places to get care, and I think many are organizing to try to push back and to tell NYU to stop capitulating to these attacks,” Daniels said.

In a statement, the hospital said the decision came down to two factors: a leadership change and what it called the "current regulatory environment."

“They’ve been so instrumental actually in the path to really helping our community. And for them to do this now is a really big blow,” the co-chair of the Democratic Socialists of America, Chiara Bosco, said.

Bosco, who identifies as transgender, helped organize the rally after learning the program would be discontinued.

“Many patients are feeling betrayed,” Bosco said.

For more than a decade, the hospital had been recognized as a leader in LGBTQ+ health care — a reputation, advocates said, made the announcement especially difficult.

“Kind of undoes all the progress they’ve made in helping our community come so far,” Bosco said.

The move follows action last year by the Trump administration, aimed at ending gender-related care for minors — a shift prompting hospitals to review or pause certain treatments.

As hospitals reassess care in response to federal policy, Daniels said families she works with are already dealing with the fallout by trying to replace providers and decide what comes next.

“They’re looking for other options to receive care, some are contemplating fleeing the country. It depends for some on the privilege and what the family has access to,” Daniels said.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1NYU Langone ends transgender youth health program015.2618-02-2026
2N.Y. AG demands NYU Langone resume transgender youth health program016.4104-03-2026
3Federal subpoena targets NYU Langone transgender care013.9613-05-2026
4Family turns to TikTok to find stem cell match for NYC teen09.6816-02-2026
5Thousands sign up to help 'Team Max,' as teen prepares for transplant012.2104-05-2026
6Hospital prom helps teens focus on fun, not diagnoses08.6730-05-2026
7Trump administration suspends funding for New York's Medicaid fraud unit05.7630-06-2026
8Haven Plaza residents raise concerns over Legionnaires’ disease response07.1630-07-2026
9Over two dozen sickened in growing cluster of Legionnaires' disease on Upper East Side07.9706-07-2026
10Hochul, N.Y. legislative leaders introduce bills aimed to protect vaccine access09.0727-03-2026

Классификация: Общество. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5.1. Источник: www.ny1.com.