Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Dan Evans hits out at new Netflix tennis documentary by slamming the 'predictable' cast

Дата публикации: 21-12-2022 22:39:32

Dan Evans has hit out at new Netflix tennis documentary Break Point by criticising its cast for 'acting' and stating 'It's not for me'.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Dan Evans hits out at new Netflix tennis documentary by slamming the 'predictable' cast and claiming that most the footage will be 'acted' by the likes of Stefanos Tsitspas and his 'tennis dad' coach
  • Dan Evans slams new Netflix tennis documentary 'Break Point' and its cast 
  • Claims the players featured are 'predictable' and that the show will be be 'acted' 
  • The series focusses on the sport's younger players and is released next month 
  • The sport hope to gain the same type of success as Drive to Survive had for F1  

By ASH ROSE FOR MAILONLINE

Published: 12:55 EDT, 21 December 2022 | Updated: 17:39 EDT, 21 December 2022

Dan Evans has hit out at new Netflix tennis documentary Break Point by criticising its cast for 'acting' and stating 'It's not for me'. 

The new Drive To Survive-style series is set to hit the streaming network on January 13, but instead of focusing on the game's leading lights like Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, the documentary follows the games younger stars and features Stefanos Tsitsipas, Taylor Fritz and Paula Badosa. 

However, Evans slammed the series by calling it 'predictable' and claimed it would show characters that fans wouldn't be interested in watching, like 'tennis Dad'. A reference to Tsitsipas' father Apostolos, who coaches him. 

Dan Evans won't be watching the new Netflix documentary on tennis and claims it's cast are too predictable 

'You could have hand-picked who they were going to choose,' the world No 27 told The Times ahead of this week's Battle of the Brits tournament. 

'It is so predictable. 'You want to hear what Rafa has got to say when he had to pull out of Wimbledon. We'll have to listen to Tsitsipas and a tennis dad. There's always going to be a tennis dad in there, isn't there?'

The series follows the players from last year's Australian Open to the French Open, but it won't be watched by the British number two, as he believes it's all scripted. 

'It's not for me. It's all acted, you can see it. Come on.' 

Stefanos Tsitsipas and his 'tennis dad' are just two of the people to feature in the new series 

Evans believes the documentary should have included heavy hitters like Rafael Nadal (right) 

The first teaser trailer of the series was released last week and as well as Tsitsipas, Fritz and Badosa, the documentary also features Felix Auger-Aliassime, Matteo Berrettini, Ons Jabeur, Thanasi Kokkinakis, Nick Kyrgios, Casper Ruud, Aryna Sabalenka, Maria Sakkari, Sloane Stephens, Iga Swiatek, Frances Tiafoe and Ajla Tomljanovic. 

The sport are hoping the show as the same success as Drive to Survive, which centred around F1. According to a report published by Nielsen Sports in March last year, 77% of F1's annual growth was driven by those aged 16-35, something that has been linked to the popularity of Drive to Survive. 

The 32-year-old believes that there should be more forthright views in tennis and earlier this year spoke out at Leon Smith after his Davis Cup call to omit him from a doubles match in favour of Joe Salisbury. 

Evans is now set to team-up with Salisbury in Aberdeen this week to take on a Scotland side led by Andy and Jamie Muarry, but he insists there's no hard feelings. 

Adding: “It’s not personal,” Evans said. “If somebody told me to go on the court I wouldn’t say no. It’s not his [Salisbury’s] decision to not put himself on the court. He’s told to go on the court and it would be weird if he thought he’s not the best person to do the job. He’s a competitor. That’s what he should do, to compete.'  

Evans will be part of the Battle of the Brits tournament that takes place in Aberdeen this month

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Nick Kyrgios DEFENDS Stefanos Tsitsipas after Greek star's Break Point comments09.4724-06-2023
2Nick Kyrgios blasts the quality of the US Open field with damning six-word statement - and tennis fans are NOT happy06.6731-08-2023
3Channel 4 viewers criticise 'inappropriate' Katie Price IVF documentary as fans question whether it should have aired following her split from Carl Woods09.5721-01-2025
4Stefanos Tsitsipas announces split from his own dad as coach after claiming 'he's not very smart or good' following first defeat since Olympics06.5810-08-2024
5'Electrifying' tennis drama perfect for sports fans now streaming on BBC7607-07-2026
6Australian Open: Russian Andrey Rublev slams fans holding a Ukrainian flag for 'saying nasty things'06.8119-01-2023
7Glenn Hoddle TURNED DOWN the chance to feature in David Beckham's Netflix series, reveals documentary director... with Victoria and Becks' mum hitting out at the ex-England boss for appearing to blame the Man United legend for their 1998 World Cup exit09.4306-10-2023
8Tennis legend drops bombshell about the sport's surprising drug problem: 'Everyone's on them'08.2307-07-2025
9Dan Evans marches onto Monte Carlo Open semi final after beating David Goffin06.8916-04-2021

Классификация: . Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 9. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 4.68. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.