Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

All over-50s could get Covid booster after guidance stated jabs should be limited to over-65s

Дата публикации: 23-06-2022 23:36:39

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has asked his team to prepare to offer the booster jab to all over-50s this autumn instead of limiting them to over-65s as previously suggested.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

  • Booster jabs may be offered to all those aged 50 and over this coming autumn  
  • Health Secretary Sajid Javid has asked his team to 'be ready for it to be over 50s' 
  • It comes after guidance last month recommended restricting doses to care-home residents, the over-65s, frontline staff and vulnerable young people  
  • See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source

By SHAUN WOOLLER FOR THE DAILY MAIL

Published: 19:30 EDT, 23 June 2022 | Updated: 19:36 EDT, 23 June 2022

Ministers are preparing to offer Covid booster jabs to all over-50s this autumn rather than limit them to over-65s as advisers suggested.

Provisional guidance issued last month recommended restricting doses to care-home residents, the over-65s, frontline health and social workers and vulnerable young people.

But Health Secretary Sajid Javid has asked his team to ‘be ready for it to be over-50s’.

He told the Financial Times: ‘That doesn’t mean to say it’s going to be over-50s... but I always want to be prepared – just in case the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation broadens the cohort.’

Provisional guidance issued last month recommended restricting doses to care-home residents, the over-65s, frontline health and social workers and vulnerable young people

His comments come as new Omicron variants sweep across Europe and the number of people in hospital with Covid continue to rise – although levels remain well below the peaks reached in previous waves.

Some 6,177 patients in England had Covid on June 22, up 28 per cent on last week.

Nearly one in six people over 75 have not received a vaccine in the past six months, putting them more at risk of severe disease, officials have warned.

Some public health experts called for all adults to be given another jab, however Mr Javid said this was ‘highly unlikely’.

University of Edinburgh public health professor Devi Sridhar said the vaccine should be extended to reduce the economic, educational and social cost of the disease in young people. 

She said autumn infections were more concerning than the current wave.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Sajid Javid orders NHS bosses to stop dropping 'women' from online advice pages08.2617-06-2022
2Власти Испании одобрили введение бустерной дозы вакцины от ковида лицам старше 70 лет0005-10-2021
3Британские власти могут рекомендовать ревакцинацию всем взрослым из-за штамма "омикрон"0027-11-2021
4Москвичи старше 60 лет с 28 декабря смогут сделать прививку от COVID-190027-12-2020
5Минздрав отмечает высокий запрос на вакцинацию от коронавируса со стороны лиц старше 600013-01-2021
6UK health chiefs aren't considering jabbing babies against Covid yet07.0917-06-2022
7Мурашко призвал россиян соблюдать меры защиты, чтобы избежать третьей волны коронавируса0003-03-2021
8В Минздраве ФРГ рекомендовали четвертую прививку от коронавируса лицам от 60 до 69 лет0018-08-2022
9В Британии все лица старше 50 лет получили возможность вакцинироваться от коронавируса0012-04-2021
10Вакцинация от коронавируса россиян старше 60 лет может начаться на следующей неделе0020-12-2020

Классификация: . Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 6.69. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.