Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Man United are looking 'to extend the deals of two more stars' after triggering the clause in Victor Lindelof's contract to keep him at the club and turning down the chance to lengthen Raphael Varane's stay

Дата публикации: 01-01-2024 11:42:59

Manchester United have extended Victor Lindelof's contract for another season and are now looking to lengthen Aaron Wan Bissaka and Hannibal Mejbri deals.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

  • Manchester United have extended Victor Lindelof's contract for another season
  • United are looking to extend Aaron Wan Bissaka and Hannibal Mejbri's deals
  • Ian Ladyman expects Chris Sutton's New Year's resolution to go up in smoke in less than a week - It's All Kicking Off 
  • See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source

By CHARLOTTE DALY, MULTIMEDIA CONTENT REPORTER

Published: 06:16 EDT, 1 January 2024 | Updated: 06:42 EDT, 1 January 2024

Manchester United have extended Victor Lindelof's contract for another season and are now looking to lengthen Aaron Wan Bissaka and Hannibal Mejbri's deals, according to reports. 

Lindelof's contract at Manchester United was set to expire this summer after signing for the Red Devils in 2017. However, the 29-year-old, who cost United £30.7million after leaving Benfica, will be staying for another year - according to The Sun. 

Now United are looking to extend Wan Bissaka's deal - with the 26-year-old right back returning to the squad after struggling with a hamstring injury earlier in the season. 

As it stands, Wan Bissaka's current deal, which was signed in 2019 when he joined from Crystal Palace, expires next summer. However, there is an option to extend that by 12 months. 

It's believed United will trigger that extension and up the 26-year-old's £100,000-a-week wages in the process.

Manchester United have extended Victor Lindelof's (above) contract for another season 

United are now looking to lengthen Aaron Wan Bissaka (L) and Hannibal Mejbri's (R) deals

The Red Devils are also looking to extend Mejbri's stay at Old Trafford.  

Like Wan-Bissaka, Mejbri's deal is set to expire next summer, but United have a clause in his contract that allows them to extend his stay at the club for a further 12 months. 

The 20-year-old joined United from Monaco in 2019, and went on to feature for the Under 18s, 19s and 21s. But, after struggling for first-team football, he was sent out on loan to Championship outfit Birmingham City last term, and made 41 appearances for the club.

Mejbri returned to United in the summer and netted his first goal for the Red Devils at home against Brighton in a 3-1 defeat.

Meanwhile, on Sunday Mail Sport exclusively United have decided against triggering a one-year extension of Raphael Varane's £340,000-a-week contract by the January 1 deadline.

Instead, the Premier League giants - who have not won the title since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure back in 2013- are looking to negotiate a new deal with the 30-year-old defender. 

Terms for such a deal have not yet been disclosed but Manchester United fans have already made their feelings known - with Gary Neville leading the charge against the new contract. 

Neville said he would be worried if the club extends the contracts of Varene and Lindelof

IT'S ALL KICKING OFF! 

It's All Kicking Off is an exciting new podcast from Mail Sport that promises a different take on Premier League football, with a show every Monday and Thursday this season.

It is available on MailOnline, Mail+, YouTube , Apple Music and Spotify

He took to Twitter, now known as X, to say:  'If United are looking to renew Lindelof and Varane (on reduced terms) I’m worried. We have to start afresh as much as possible.

Neville continued to explain the reason that he'd be worried with the club extending Lindelof and Varane's deals beyond the end of the season.

He said: 'Whilst these 2 aren’t bad players by any stretch, a message must be sent to everyone inside and outside of the club that it’s not going to tolerate the levels over the last few years.'

Varane has played 79 games in all competitions for United since joining from Real Madrid in the summer of 2021, but has started just seven of his 11 Premier League appearances this season.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Erik ten Hag remains coy over Raphael Varane and Anthony Martial's futures at Man United... as the Red Devils boss confirms contract extensions for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof and Hannibal Mejbri08.4305-01-2024
2Man United trigger option to extend Aaron Wan-Bissaka's contract at Old Trafford until 2025... with the Red Devils planning to open talks over new deal to improve his £90,000-a-week wages09.7803-01-2024
3Man United decide NOT to use option to extend Raphael Varane's £340,000-a-week contract by 12 months, leaving him free to talk to other clubs, as they try to cut highest-paid player's wages08.7531-12-2023
4Erik ten Hag 'keen to keep Raphael Varane and Casemiro in January' with the Man United boss still viewing the big-money stars as 'important' players this season05.9520-12-2023
5Man United confirm the release of SEVEN players on their retained list - but remain in talks with four stars over new deals06.0905-06-2024
6Raphael Varane 'offered £50m-a-year reunion with Cristiano Ronaldo at Saudi club Al-Nassr' after French defender slipped down the Man United pecking order011.7306-02-2024
7Man United veteran Jonny Evans signs new one-year deal to extend his stay at Old Trafford... despite the Red Devils looking to bring in more defenders this summer013.3312-07-2024
8СМИ: "Манчестер Юнайтед" продлил контракт с футболистом Кавани0010-05-2021
9"Манчестер Юнайтед" продлил контракт с вратарем де Хеа0016-09-2019
10Футболист Рэшфорд продлил контракт с "Манчестер Юнайтед"0001-07-2019

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5.31. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.