Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

DOJ releases key evidence in ICE killings of Renée Good and Alex Pretti

Дата публикации: 15-07-2026 10:44:38

After months of non-cooperation with Minnesota investigators, the US Department of Justice has finally begun handing over key evidence related to the fatal shootings of Renée Good and Alex Pretti, two US citizens killed by ICE agents during a January immigration operation. Over the past two weeks, federal prosecutors have transferred hard drives containing body […]
The post DOJ releases key evidence in ICE killings of Renée Good and Alex Pretti appeared first on PinkNews | Latest lesbian, gay, bi and trans news | LGBTQ+ news.


Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Renée Good and Alex Pretti

Renée Good and Alex Pretti were killed this year (Getty Images)

After months of non-cooperation with Minnesota investigators, the US Department of Justice has finally begun handing over key evidence related to the fatal shootings of Renée Good and Alex Pretti, two US citizens killed by ICE agents during a January immigration operation.

Thanks for registering! You can update your email subscriptions at any time in the My profile section of your account.

Over the past two weeks, federal prosecutors have transferred hard drives containing body camera footage, witness statements and other investigative materials, along with the SUV Good was driving when she was shot, as reported by the Associated Press.

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty said at a Monday (13 July) press conference: “The wonderful thing now is we have all the evidence. We don’t have to speculate about what we don’t have, so that certainly makes our analysis easier.”

Attorneys representing both families welcomed the development, though they also criticised the prolonged delay. A spokesperson for Steve Schleicher, who represents the Pretti family, accused US Attorney for Minnesota Daniel Rosen of failing to provide even basic answers about the case, as per the Minnesota Star Tribune. Schleicher also said in a statement that no family “should be required to beg federal authorities to do their job.”

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison was even more direct, saying in a Monday statement that he was “deeply troubled that the federal government spent more than half a year attempting to conceal this evidence from state investigators”.

In March, Minnesota sued the Trump administration, arguing that federal agencies were deliberately withholding evidence to shield law enforcement officers from scrutiny while the state independently investigated possible criminal violations. At the time, officials described the federal government’s refusal to cooperate as unprecedented.

Good and Pretti were both killed during Operation Metro Surge, described as the largest immigration enforcement operation in US history. Neither had a criminal record, and both were US citizens. According to the Associated Press, at least nine people have been killed during the Trump administration’s immigration enforcement operations since last year, yet no ICE agent has been criminally charged in connection with any of those deaths.

The evidence transfer comes as fresh questions are being raised about two more recent fatal ICE shootings. Prosecutors in Houston, Texas, say federal authorities are again refusing to provide key information following the death of Lorenzo Salgado Araujo last week, while on Monday, federal agents in Maine fatally shot 26-year-old Colombian father Joan Sebastian Guerrero, who reports indicate was not even the intended target of the operation.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Feds turn over evidence in Renee Good and Alex Pretti killings to Minnesota after months of delay0713-07-2026
2Feds turn over evidence in Renee Good and Alex Pretti killings to Minnesota after months of delay0713-07-2026
3FBI won’t provide Minnesota investigators with evidence in Alex Pretti killing, state says06.7718-02-2026
4Leaked chat reveals furious agents are begging Trump to abandon his Minneapolis crackdown08.7827-01-2026
5Does the American Dream still exist for people like me?01211-03-2026
6ICE killed the American Dream-8713-07-2026
7Donald Trump's ICE agents killed two more men who were not the targets of their operations-8714-07-2026
8‘Ringleader’ in murder of trans man Sam Nordquist pleads guilty06.2229-06-2026
9Family Presses for Information About Fatal ICE Shooting in Maine08.8218-08-2026
10Wife who brought ICE shooting victim Renee Nicole Good to Minneapolis protest is named as handywoman, 40 - as depths of couple's disdain for Trump is revealed0508-01-2026

Классификация: Информация. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5.52. Источник: www.pinknews.co.uk.